Friday, March 27, 2009

Just Blew in From the Windy City

Chicago is an amazing place. I absolutely love it. In my head, there is an on-going debate about which I like best: Chicago or New York. I know what you're thinking: only crazy people have debates in their head! Well, yes. You may be right.

The first order of business: shopping! And you can't shop in Chicago without spending some time at the Magnificent Mile. "Chicago 's Magnificent Mile is a shopping district of world-renown. Shoppers can enjoy magnificent department stores and boutiques comprising a diverse mix of American and international style. With over 460 retail stores, there is something to offer every style." -themagnificentmile.com It lived up to all expectations. There was H and M, Aldo, Forever 21, Louis Vuitton, The Gap, Burberry, The Northface, C. O. Bigelow, Coach, Apple Store, Neiman Marcus, Chanel, Macy's....paradise!! If I was homeless, I could so live outside Neiman Marcus, because inside is my perfect baby: Rosalie, an absolutely gorgeous Valentino. I love it. There's a picture of it on my phone, I'll try to upload it or download it or somehow load it on to the computer. It's beautiful, and yes, I did name it. You would have, too. Don't mock me.
We also went shopping at Loehmann's. I got a super-cute BCBG tank and DKNY shirt, both for a great price.


As you may know, Chicago is full of fun stuff to do, so we didn't shop the whole time. On the first day, we went to the Rainforest Cafe, a cool resteraunt with waterfalls and animals and fish and other rainforesty stuff. That was also our Mag Mile day. On the second day, we had delicious breakfast at the Hyatt Regency, our hotel. The Hyatt was so nice. Every one of the employees was helpful, cheerful, and willing. And the hotel itself was pretty sweet. Then, we headed to the Shedd Aquarium. It was cool, but a ton of school groups were there, so it was really crowded, and they were remodeling the marine animal's exhibits, so we couldn't see them. After the Shedd, we went to get tixs for Mary Poppins. Since it was media night, the people at Hot Tix said we wouldn't be able to get any, but when we went to the theater, they had limited views left. Limited view, phh! The seats were fabulous!!! I couldn't have imagined better seats. They were great, just like the show. Many of the actors were the originals from Broadway, and it showed. They all had great voices, and danced and acted so well. It was the best show I've ever seen. The only downside: I got an awful stomach ache half way through. It was terrible, and carried on until about 3 pm the next day. I barely slept, and we didn't leave the hotel until they made us at 12. Then we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, and had a good time watching the gorillas. Then we went to go get my hair cut at the Aveda Institute, where Bethany goes to school. Bethany is a cool girl who used to live in my town and church. (To clarify, she didn't actually live in my church, just went to it (-; ) She, of course, cut my hair, quite perfectly I must say. It is, in my humble opinion, the best hair I've ever had. It is short, an angled bob. Some girl at Jahmba Juice even complimented me on it. It was really funny. And I know that it looks pretty good, because her teachers and colleages kept coming over and saying how great it looks. They didn't do that for any one else, because I looked to see if they did. Hee hee. Mary Poppins and my hair were definately the highlights of the trip. Also, Rosalie. I'll never forget her!

Alrighty, well it's time for me to catch up on my reality fix: American Idol. God bless Tivo.
-megan

No comments:

Post a Comment