Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol (Sorry I'm Late on Posting This)

This was my take of this week's American Idol.
I will be rating each singer in five categories: Performance (voice and attitude), Song Choice, Personality, Outfit (includes hair and make-up), and the Judges (what the judges thought). They will all be abbreiviated.

Von Smith sang "Your All I Need to Get By"
Performance-7.5--pitchy at times
Song Choice-5.8--I really wish he would have done a Broadwayish song that showed his range
Personality-9--he's so amazing but he lost something by picking serious songs
Outfit-4--god-awful. As the judges said, very Clay Aiken. Drab sit with boring red t-shirt.
Judges-9--they loved him but they said he needed to stop picking boring songs. Reminded Simon of Clay (I don't think he took it as a compliment.)

Taylor Vaifauna sang "If I Ain't Got You"
Performance-6--eh. Very kereoke.
Song Choice-6--bland
Personality-7
Outfit-8.5--smokin' hot leggins, but didn't like the makeup and the necklace was just too much
Judges-5.5 to 6

Alex Wagner sang "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues"
Performance-9--i liked the rough voice
Song Choice-9--showed new side of Alex
Personality-10--i ADORE Alex because he is geeky, and funny and comfortable with himself
Outfit-6.5 to 7--too much black
Judges-7--they thought it was fun to watch (I cracked up when he knocked over the mike), but Simon compared him to a hamster trying to be a tiger (also cracked up at this)

Arianna Afsar sang "The Winner Takes It All"
Performance-8--pitchy at times, but overall nice control. I enjoyed her quiet confidence.
Song Choice-9.5--I love Mamma Mia
Personality-8--she seemed annoying but then I realized she is just cheerful, and it was really funny when she said "I don't want to be put through just because I look like a button!"
Outfit-6--hated the dress, but beautiful makeup
Judges-4

Ju'not Joyner sang "Hey There Delilah"
Performance-6 or 7
Song Choice-5--genaric. Plus, I'm still bitter about Jamar not getting on, and he did a way better remix of the same song.
Personality-5--forgetable
Outfit-4--looked like a hood rat
Judges-9--why they loved him, I will never know

Kristen sang "Give Me One Reason"
Performance-9--FABULOUS voice, but made weird facial expressions
Song Choice-10--showcased voice perfectly
Personality-6--I don't like her. She seems like she's having an identity crisis.
Outfit-8--loved the dress, but hated the flowers on shoulders and despised the hair
Judges-6--still confused, as am I, about who she really is

Nethanial Marshal sang "I'de Do Anything For Love"
Performance-7--did the best he could with the song
Song Choice-5--bleh
Personality-8-veeerryy interesting
Outfit-3--atrocious. Hairband + tatoo on neck= EEEWWW
Judges-6--think he is fun. It was so funny when he went over to "meet" Simon.

Felicia Barton sang "No One"
Performance-8.5 to 9--rockerish. Just great.
Song Choice-9--relevant
Personality-9--so cheerful!!
Outfit-8--great hair/makeup. She demonstrated the right way to wear black. (Taking notes, Ju'not?)
Judges-I forgot to write it down when I was watching. My apologies.

Scott sang "Mandolin Rain"
Performance-7--not the best voice, but has definite stage presence
Song Choice-7--suited his voice
Personality-10--he is a beautiful person
Outfit-8--loved the jeans
Judges-7 to 8.9

Kendal Beard sang "This One's For the Girls"
Performance-7--nasal but from the heart
Song Choice-10!!!!--one of my favorites
Personality-10--makes me want to smile
Outfit-10--every aspect was completely perfect
Judges-7 to 8--they loved her

Jorge Nunez sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"
Performance-6--boring
Song choice-6--boring
Personality-8--funny
Outfit-7--genaric
Judges-8 to 9--they loved him for some reason

Lil Rounds sang "Be Without You"
Performance-10--fabulous
Song Choice-10--took the suggestions of the judges
Personality-10--beautiful inside and out
Outfit-8--great hair/makeup, didn't like necklace, and the dress was ok
Judges-10--said she was the best this season

As expected, Megan Corkery and Anoop got through in the wild card round. Jasmine was the surprise, because she didn't make that big of an impression on me. She's got chops though. Well, it's time to go now. More later!
-Evil Strawberry (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment